Color & Markings
Tips and Tricks
Project Time Log
All your restoration needs for the M38A1 can be found right here...
From the links on this page you will find information on:
- All the Manuals required to restore and
maintain the M38A1 1/4 ton vehicle. These are 'must have' books if you
own an M38A1.
- Want to know capacities etc? Check the Tabulated
- What the proper Color and Markings are
when it comes time to paint.
- Gun mounting and configurations.
- Radio mounting and configurations.
- Invaluable little Tips and Tricks for
restoring learned along the way.
- Parts suppliers who have virtually every
part you will need to maintain or restore your vehicle. I recommend
these people 100% as being 'good-guys' to deal with. I used them in my
- Actual Project Time to complete various
restoration activities. A detailed project time log was kept and
provided to you for reference. It's pretty much based on an average
mechanical ability, standard tools and a desire to work on an M38A1!
- Actual Project Expenses for this
restoration. This will give you a pretty good idea of what to expect
for costs in major component areas.
- A series of "Before" Pictures to
document the jeep prior to the restoration
- A series of "During Restoration
Pictures" as it went back together. This is a good reference
if you want to know what something looks like (or is supposed to look like)
- A LOT of people ask me "What is my M38A1
worth"? Use this to determine pricing based on condition
- FAQ's page is under construction at this time....
- No Title for your historic Military Vehicle? Try these guys: International